November 13, 2017

Canada Day 3

 I think this day was everyone's favorite. We started the day by tacking the metro into downtown Vancouver. The train was awesome and it was above the ground. So it was fun to be level with some buildings and trees.
We brought the kids scooters and they did awesome all day riding them around town. 
Our first stop was the Science Museum. We didn't pay to go in, but we walked around it and found this amazing playground to play at. 


We stayed here a few hours and the kids got their fill of running around.
 I loved how they had different playground equipment then what we usually have. 


 We bought a bunch of Canadian candy and let the kids have one a day. These were not my favorite, or Kenzie and Benson's, but Emery seemed to like them.
 She's such a little cutie these days! 
The waterfront was really beautiful. We walked a lot this day, and walked all the way around the water to the other side to get to the library. 
I had ketchup chips in Italy that were amazing, so I was excited to try these, but they were awful! I was super bummed. 
 Made it to the library for a little break and to refuel. 

Nick had tried Pokeworks when he went to Seattle in May and I really wanted to try it, so we found one in Vancouver. It was really good. Basically a sushi burrito. It was a fun little date, while the kids acted wild in the background. 
 I love this picture so much. A nice couple offered to take our picture and I love how it turned out. 
 As it was getting dark, it changed colors and the kids had a lot of fun playing on it. 
 We walked around this big convention center, where the cruise ships come in and we found this. I was so excited! It was similar to the one in California that I've been on. It's a virtual reality ride that takes you all over Canada's beautiful lands and scenery. I took Kenzie, and then Nick took Benson. They loved it.

 It was around Halloween so it was all decorated for Halloween and there was a witch flying around the movie.

I love Benson's silly personality. He is so full of energy and life!
 We walked towards the waterfront to ride a water bus, and we had to stop and get gelato. This place we found got first place in a gelato contest in Italy! It was pretty good and made me miss Italy.

 The kids were pretty happy with their gelato.

 Then we rode a bus that went across to the other side of the river. We just rode it there and back and didn't get out and do anything. It was pretty fun. We were able to watch the sea planes take off and land on the water too which was pretty cool.

I love family vacations! This day was so so good, and the kids all held up pretty well. They make exploring difficult sometimes, but also really fun seeing how excited they get about new places and new things to try. 

No comments

Post a Comment