May 13, 2018

Kenzie's Baptism

 Kenzie was baptized last Saturday, May 5th, 2018. It was such a special, sweet, spirit filled day. She was baptized with about 5 other children, so it was quite busy, but she got to go first which was nice. My parents and Kayla were able to come and Nick's mom and Mark and Nathan, Nick's dad and his fiance and son, and a bunch of other family and good friends and ward members. She felt very loved and special and I'm so grateful for everyone that came to support her and love her on her special day. 
 She was so cute to pick out her special dress and shoes. And she got her ears pierced earlier that week. She looked beautiful and happy and I know she felt the spirit and knew that she was making a good decision. I am her primary teacher, and have been for the past 2.5 years. It's been so fun to teach her and her class and talk so much about the Holy Ghost and baptism this year. She loves me being her teacher and my class is so amazing and wonderful. 


 I love this picture of these two. 
 All suited up and ready to go!

 I got a side view which felt very special and I sneaked a picture. I felt an overwhelming feeling of joy and love for that baby girl of mine. She's pretty special and is always teaching me to be a better mom and child of God. 
 She wanted pumpkin chocolate chip bread and poppyseed bread for her treats afterwards.
She was pleasantly surprised to receive quite a few gifts for her baptism. We're so happy with her decision to choose the right and follow Christ's example and Heavenly Fathers plan for her and be baptized. I told her to pay attention to how she felt when she was given the gift of the Holy Ghost. And she told me that she felt very happy and a warm feeling in her heart when she was given this gift. I felt so grateful and relieved that she now has this added help and protection with her as she is away from home at school and in this world. I know I can't always protect or shield her from things that happen, but I know the best person to help and guide her will be the Holy Ghost because he know all and sees all and wants us to be happy and safe. We love you so much Kenzie girl!

No comments

Post a Comment